EPA and the State established cleanup levels based on conservative calculations regarding exposure and risk. Below are a few links related to the development of the Tittabawassee Floodplain Cleanup Goals.
- Cleanup goals for Tittabawassee River floodplain soils.pdf – 44 page report – The technical basis for the site-specific PRG for human direct contact exposure to Dioxin contaminated soil in the 8-year floodplain of the Tittabawassee River (Floodplain)
- https://semspub.epa.gov/src/document/05/914879 – EPA fact sheet – Cleanup number developed for the Tittabawassee River Floodplain
- https://semspub.epa.gov/src/document/05/914880 – Tittabawassee River Floodplain Soil Cleanup Frequently asked questions.
- Advisor sign survey
Other useful links
• VIDEO Historical Influnances on the Tittabawassee River
• EPA approves Illinois’ water quality standards upgrades for portions of Chicago waterways
• Great Lakes Restoration Initiative
• Cleanup sites in Region 5 | By state and cleanup type
• Enbridge oil spill in Michigan
• Midwest Clean Diesel Initiative
• Recovery Act projects in Region 5
• A-Z Index of all Region 5 topics